The Eastern Madera SPCA supports the spay and neuter program for feral cats.
“I have feral cats around my house that need fixed, what can I do?”
Leave your name, contact information and that you are needing to get feral cats fixed.
A volunteer will return your call and give you a Feral Number in your name, this number must be provided to us in order that the EMSPCA will pay for the spay or neutering.
- Feral cats must be caught in a live trap, only one cat per trap is allowed.
- You will want to trap on Monday and Thursday nights.
- Our surgery days are Tuesday and Friday mornings.
- Please note feral surgeries are first-come, first served with a maximum of 4 per surgery day.
- You must arrive between 7:15 A.M. and 7:45 A.M.
- In order to identify the feral as being altered, we notch the right ear during surgery.
- Feral cats spend the night and are picked up the following morning.
- Feral cats MUST be released in the same area where they were caught.
- It is not humane to dump them in another location where they are not able to locate their food source.
Hoof N Paw rents out live traps with a $75.00 deposit that is refunded to you when the trap is returned. We have a large waiting list and usually do not have traps available immediately.
We do not accept feral cats that are brought in carriers, boxes, etc.